How many minutes are you wasting every hour trying to locate the tab that contains the app you keep getting back to? If you use a web application repeatedly, you are probably wishing it ran like a native desktop application. Lucky for you, there’s a solution for that: web2desk, a nifty online cross-platform web application compiler available for free (for personal use). Here goes:
- Go to the web2desk page.
- Paste-in the URL of the app you want to be compiled.
- Give your app a name (anything you want).
- Upload an icon for your new app.
- Add your email.
- Select the target operating system.
- Wait a few minutes for the result.
Pros: Your web application now runs much like any native app, independently of the browser windows and tabs you have opened.
Cons: You won’t have access to browser-specific meta functionality, such as search, plugins, extensions, etc. It can also prove somewhat resource-hungry at scale.