If your career depends on getting things done in time and on budget, you probably already possess and use project management skills. How are these skills holding up in a time of crisis such as this one? Is it time for a refresh?
HumbleBundle has an interesting $1 deal on decent project management e-books, all from Wiley. At this price, in my humble opinion, the deal is worth it even if you end up just glossing over their content and pick up a few tidbits of wisdom here and there.
Here’s a list of the titles available on the HumbleBundle deal under the different tiers, linked to the matching Amazon entries — the hyperlinks have been thoroughly sanitized. This deal expires on February 1rst, 2021.
- Executive’s Guide to Project Management
- Execution Excellence: Making Strategy Work Using the Balanced Scorecard
- Your Project Management Coach
- Managing Project Stakeholders: Building a Foundation to Achieve Project Goals
- The Project Success Method: A Proven Approach for Achieving Superior Project Performance in as Little as 5 Days
$8 (all the above + ...)
- Smarter Data Science: Succeeding with Enterprise-Grade Data and AI Projects
- Project Management JumpStart
- The Complete Software Project Manager: Mastering Technology from Planning to Launch and Beyond (Wiley CIO)
- Microsoft Project 2019 For Dummies (Project for Dummies)
- The Project Book: The Complete Guide to Consistently Delivering Great Projects
- The Agile Pocket Guide: A Quick Start to Making Your Business Agile Using Scrum and Beyond
$15 (all the above + ...)
- Projects Without Boundaries: Successfully Leading Teams and Managing Projects in a Virtual World
- Effective Project Management: Traditional, Agile, Extreme, Hybrid
- Leading Complex Projects: A Data-Driven Approach to Mastering the Human Side of Project Management
- Visual Collaboration: A Powerful Toolkit for Improving Meetings, Projects, and Processes
- Software in 30 Days: How Agile Managers Beat the Odds, Delight Their Customers, and Leave Competitors in the Dust
- The New One-Page Project Manager: Communicate and Manage Any Project With A Single Sheet of Paper
- The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management (Fast Forward MBA Series)